ROAD ANGEL Vantage is the forerunner in speed management devices. In addition to the most accurate warnings of approaching safety cameras and road blackspots, new slim-line design, and new improved user interface, Road Angel Vantage provides road-speed information, so that drivers can know what the limit is, on any stretch of road that they drive on.
The Road Angel Vantage uses mobile phone technology that not only allows users to regularly automatically receive updates to the safety camera database, and share the locations of LIVE safety camera vans, it also lets users make suggestions to new
or revised road speeds. Called SpeedShareTM, this innovative technology utilises the vast ROAD ANGEL community to
create an up-to-date, digital road-speed map of Britain.
- Road Angel safety alerts – the UK’s No. 1 safety camera system
- Displays road speed limits of roads travelled
- Automatic safety camera updates every few minutes, as you drive
- SpeedShareTM feature - allows you to suggest new / revised road speeds
- CameraShareTM feature - allows you to share LIVE camera van locations
- Sleek design with full colour, easy to use interface that you can customise
- Touch screen operation
- Alerts users to:
- fixed safety cameras
- mobile safety camera locations
- average speed camera zones
- black-spot areas
- school zones
- congestion charge zones
- fatigue warnings
- railway crossings
- The UK’s most accurate safety camera and blackspot alerts, with automatic updates every few minutes
- Clear display of road speed limits
- SpeedShareTM feature
- CameraShareTM feature
- Slim line design with full colour, customisable interface
- Audible and visual warnings
- Overspeed warning
- Advisory speed limit at camera locations
- Continuous speed reading of vehicle
- Simple windscreen mount, and plug and go installation
- Full colour screen with customisable, easy-to-use interface
- 100% UK legal
- Headphone Socket
This laser sensor comes with an adhesive base to stick to your dashboard or other suitable mounting position that has a line of sight of the road ahead and plugs into a cigar lighter socket for power. It comes with additional cables to share power with your Road Angel Vantage.
This will work at whatever range the safety camera vans are working but light beams do not go around corners so they need a line of sight of your vehcile to catch you speeding and you need a line of sight of them to detect the 904nm laser beam. This is like a torch beam that is flashed down the road to detect your speed, the camera vans are not constantly firing so if your driving past at the speed limit and do not detect anything it is because they can see your not speeding and so have not fired and taken a speed reading.
Please note you can hardwire this model but it will not automatically turn on/off when you start/stop the car like the Professional/Connected models. You will need to turn the unit on/off as required.
- Road Angel Vantage Unit
- Mounting Arm
- Dashboard Mounting Disk
- Mains Charger
- In Car Charger
- USB Lead
Screen (Diagonal): 4.3ins
The Vantage is pre-loaded with a database to work out of the box but to get the live updates working for CameraShare and SpeedShare you will need to subscribe as follows:
- 1 Year = £54.99
- 3 Years = £129.99
Full details on how to subscribe come with the unit. There is no monthly subscription option on this product. Please note that once you have activated the Orange mobile SIM card you have entered a contract for services and the unit is non-returnable under the distance selling regulations.