This is Snoopers leading radar detector which has a built in text display providing a clear visual alert while a built-in piezo beeper gives you an audible alert of any impending radar or laser sources.
Typical Detection Range
Gatso Cameras - Up to 300m
Radar Guns - Up to 2 miles
Laser Guns - Up to 2 miles
To ensure that the Snooper S5-R operates at maximum sensitivity and does not produce the type of 'false' alerts often associated with cheaper radar detectors, the S5-R incorporates Digital Logic. Digital Logic is unique to the Snooper S5-R and enables the user to choose between three logic modes, producing three different frequency settings.
|X Band On
||X Band Off
|K Band On
||K Band On
||K Band On
|Ka Band On
||Ka Band On
||Ka Band Off
|Ku Band On
||Ku Band On
||Ku Band Off
Different countries utilise different Radar Bands for both Police and Non-Police purposes, for instance many Traffic Signal controllers utilise X Band Radar and some Automatic Door Openers use Ka Band Radar. As a result a normal detector will receive radar signals that are not used by the Police for radar speed checks in certain countries causing it to 'false' alert. To allow the Snooper S5-R to be used successfully across Europe, Snooper has developed Digital Logic. Digital Logic is a unique system that allows you to switch between three different frequency selections maximising the units sensitivity where you need it and minimising it where you don't. To switch between modes simply press the 'Mode' button, the digital text display will indicate which mode has been selected.
Logic 3 is the optimum setting for UK use and Logic 2 for central European use. Please note that Ku band is a licenced frequency in the UK but its used so little that its switched off for "Optimum" use to reduce false alerts. If you are unsure what frequencies are in use in the country you are in then select Logic 1 to guarantee comprehensive cover. Please note that the use of Radar Detectors is not legal in all European countries.
- On/Off Volume Control - Turns the detector on and off and lets you adjust the volume of the audible alerts.
- Digital Text Display - Displays Radar or Laser type plus signal strength when receiving an alert and confirms current operating mode.
- Mode Button - Allows you to switch between Digital Logic Modes.
- Mute Button - Allows you to Mute an incoming signal but also allows you to turn the Automute setting on and off.
- Dark Button - Adjusts the brightness of the digital text display.
- Power Input Jack - Connects power to detector (DC 12v).
- Radar/Laser Detection Lens - Receives incoming radar and laser signals.
- Optical Laser Lens - Genuine 360 degree laser receiver.
When the Snooper S5-R receives a radar signal it will emit an audible alert relevant to that frequency and the digital text display will indicate exactly what frequency you are detectiong. The strength of the signal is indicated by a number from 1-5 at the far right of the display as well as by signal strength 'blocks'.
The signal strength will increase from 1-5 as you approach the source and decrease as you move away from it and out of range. When the unit has finished detecting a signal the digital text display will revert to indicating the Logic Mode selected. As Laser alerts require immediate action and are normally at full strength, no signal strength is indicated. An audible alarm will be emitted and the display will indicate that 'Laser' is being detected.
- 5 Band radar detection including the new Ku band - detects ALL radar traps.
- Digital Logic Mode, allows you to switch simply and easily between frequencies.
- LCD text display
- Express Start
- Mute and Automute
- Adjustable brightness control
- Memory retention of preferred features
- 360 degree coverage of all Radar and Laser frequencies.
- Separate audio and visual indicators - for complete information.
- Signal strength indication - 1 to 5 range.
- Range -
- Radar Guns up to 2 miles
- Laser Guns up to 2 miles
- Gatso Cameras up to 300 metres
- Includes Owners Manual containing background information on Radar & Laser techniques.
- Padded carry case
- Professional Quality Product - 2 year warranty
- Dimensions: 115mm x 85mm x 30mm
The S5-R is ideally suited for portability between vehicles. You just plug it into the cigarette lighter for power, attach the unit to the windscreen using the suction pads and bracket supplied and off you go, see below.