|The Cheetah C550 is designed to keep getting smarter with time. It's the very latest and most advanced of Cheetah's innovative and award winning GPS speed and red light camera detectors.
The C550, utilizes the internationally acclaimed Trinity 3.0 database to the maximum, setting the highest benchmark for consumer GPS speed and red light camera detectors.
You are in complete control over which alerts you want to hear and how they sound. One complete alert sequence comprises an initial heads-up chime, up to four informative spoken voice descriptions for each location, an overspeed alert tone (if travelling above the stored speed limit for that alert) and a final camera pass chime. Alert chimes can be switched on or off to match your preference. Overspeed alert tones can be individually tailored in multiple ways for each different type of alert type to meet your driving style.
The C550 has an impressive, bright, easy to read LED display clearly shows all the vital driving and alert information a driver needs. The yellow digital speedo remains visible at all times, especially in bright sunlight, and the handy clock and compass features keep you nicely informed. During an alert, the current speed flashes to highlight if you are over the speed limit and the clock switches to show a numeric distance countdown to the alert site. There is also an additional distance countdown progress bar to emphasise the alert site proximity or to keep you updated during Average Speed camera systems and Mobile enforcement zones.
The Cheetah C550 speed and red light camera detector is packed with hardware features, including connections for an external GPS antenna, car stereo mute facility, headphone socket and two separate mounting options (dash and windshield). Theres also an optional hard wire kit to allow a more professional installation in your vehicle.
Cheetah undertakes a programme of continuous alert enhancement, always looking to improve our multi-point false alert filtering technology and our “effective distance” false alert filtering for each camera location. Additionally, our intelligent multi-directional alert ability is enhanced by an ever increasing number of new alert descriptions to maximise the benefits of our unique Trinity 3.0 database.
The Cheetah C550 is designed from the ground up to keep getting smarter with time.
C550 special features
- Individually configurable audio for each different type of alert to suit your preferences.
- Custom alert distances* – select different warning distances for different types of camera.
- Adjustable screen brightness.
- Dark mode – for stealth installations, or for night time driving, the display will only light up during an alert.
- Alert mute – quickly switch off / on the audio for the current alert.
- Alert cancel – quickly cancel the current alert if required.
- Whisper mode – keeps the C550 quiet if you are under known speed limits.
- Adjustable alert speed limit tolerance – increase the overspeed alert activation speed to suit your driving style.
- Variable warning distance – automatically reduces the alert distance at slower speeds.
- Personal speed limit – will play a tone each time you exceed your preset speed.
- Personal locations – store up to 64 of your own locations.
- Database update reminder – if you forget to update for 6 weeks, your C550 will occasionally remind you.
- Optional Silent start up.
- Demo mode.
- Power up via PC to allow adjustment of settings.
C550 external connection
- External GPS antenna socket
- Stereo mute connection
- Headphone socket
Whats In The Box
- C550 Pre-Loaded With UK Database
- Windscreen Mount
- Dash Mount
- Cigar Lighter Power Lead
- Download Cable
More Cheetah C550 accessories can be purchased here including hardwire cables and additional mounts etc if you should want parts to use this in more than one car.
Trinity 3.0 alert presentation methods
Cheetahs Trinity 3.0 database allows the C550 to present alerts in a variety of different ways to suit the individual conditions at each stored location.
- Countdown alert with custom alert distance.
- Countdown alert with Trinity 3.0 defined alert distance.
- Countdown alert with Trinity 3.0 defined trigger location.
- Single point alert (no countdown, used to impart relevant information).
- Average speed zones, calculating your average speed since the start of the zone.
- Mobile enforcement zones, advising you over longer sections of commonly enforced roads.
* Custom alert distances and Overspeed alerts are individually configurable for each type of alert stored in the Trinity 3.0 database:
- Speed cameras
- Stored mobile cameras
- Average speed cameras
- Average speed exits
- Safety locations
- School zones **
- Information locations
- Red light cameras
- Non-ticketing cameras
- Cameras in tunnel
- Opposite direction alerts
- Highway cameras
** School zones is a new feature currently in Beta testing. School zone warnings are not available for all regions.
- Unit includes full database but it will not be updated
- 1 years manufacturers warranty
- 1 region access
- 3 years unlimited updates for up to 3 family owned Cheetah products
- 1 years manufacturers warranty
- 1 region access
- Lifetime unlimited updates for up to 3 family owned Cheetah units
- Extended 3 years manufacturers warranty
- Full regions database access